Every morning the first lifts begin their 2,100 ft. climb to the peak of Loon Mountain. Sixty-one trails and eight tree skiing runs stretch out below, each artistically designed and expertly maintained.
From obsessive top-to-bottom snowmaking to fanatical grooming, we take pride in providing our pristine tree skiing, mogul fields, steeps and cruisers the attention they deserve. At Loon, there are so many ways to play.
With huge terrain variety, and fun lineup of activities and events, Loon Mountain is tailor-made for unforgettable skiing and riding. Here are 8 reasons to choose Loon:
- Accessibility –Loon is easy to get to. Located just 2 hours from Boston and 3 miles off Interstate 93, Loon offers a great combination of big-mountain terrain and accessibility, meaning less time in the car and more time on the mountain.
- Terrain Variety – Loon has it all, from easy beginner slopes to a full progression of award-winning terrain parks and black-diamond steeps.
- Superior Snow – Loon has more than doubled its snowmaking output in recent years, and the resort is proud of the exceptional quality of its snow. With 650 new low-energy, high-efficiency snow guns added to the resort's arsenal since 2010, you can count on more terrain open early and late in the season, and better snow all season long.
- Ski & Ride School Programs – Loon's dedicated ski and snowboard coaches offer excellent private and group lessons for all ages and abilities.
- Fun Events - Take a look at Loon's winter calendar and discover a huge list of events. Whatever time of year you visit, you're sure to find something fun happening here at Loon.
- Snow Tubing – Skiing and snowboarding are great, but sometimes you just want to go sledding. That's where snow tubing comes in. Located at the Little Sister Chairlift on the east side of the mountain, Loon's tubing center offers walkup or lift-serviced sliding.
- Loon Mountain Adventure Center – At the Loon Mountain Adventure Center, you don't need click into skis or strap into snowboards to enjoy winter. The Adventure Center offers cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, guided snowshoe tours, ziplining, and an indoor climbing wall.
- Off-Mountain – The Lincoln-Woodstock area has plenty of activities for the whole family. From musicals at Jean’s Playhouse to moose tours, snowmobiling, and visits to the New England Ski Museum, the days of cabin fever are over.
Loon Fact Sheet
61 Trails, 12 Lifts
20% Expert 60% Intermediate 20% Novice
Driving time from Boston: 2 hours
Skiing at Loon
- Skiing Conditions / Weather *
- Web Cams*
- Ski Lift Tickets
- Ski Packages
- Ski Lessons
- Ski Events and Calendar *
- How to find Loon Mountain
- Contact Loon Mountain
- Ski Hire at Loon Mountain
* links open in new tab or window.
- Indian Head Resort
- Kancamagus Motor Lodge
- The Mountain Club on Loon
- Snowy Owl Inn
- The Woodstock Inn
- Woodwards Inn of Lincoln & Suites
- Woodwards Resort
Spread the Word